Skirts have been a must-have piece of clothing in a woman’s closet. They can make any girl or woman more feminine and even sexier. It is important to find the right skirt that would not only fit you, but would also look good on you.
Because of the different body shapes of every woman, it is impossible to be able to fit in the same design of skirt that you see in fashion magazines. Not everyone would have a supermodel type of body, but everyone can look good in the skirt they are wearing, and even be more confident when wearing them.
What to look for the perfect skirt:
- Find your perfect fit
- The skirt should not be too tight, that you would be too uncomfortable while wearing them, and not too lose that it would fall off from your waist.
- Choose the skirt that perfectly fits you. The trick here is to get the right measurement from your natural waistline and them measuring your hips where it is at its fullest.
- If the skirt is too tight, it will make your hips butt and thigh much bigger. Lose skirts will make your body look shapeless
- Choose the right hemline
- Finding the right hemline is important since it will make your legs and your body more shapely.
- To find the right hemline for you, the trick is to stand in front of the full-length mirror, and take a piece of long fabric, holding it from your wait to your toes. Adjust the length of the fabric until you are satisfied with the hemline.
- The ideal skirt length is the one that’s above the knee, no matter what your height or body shape is.
- Find the skirt that compliments your body shape.
- A good skirt compliments your body shape. It should also help to balance your form.
- Petite women should wear A-line skirts, as it helps to elongate their body. They can look taller by wearing short skirts that is above the knee.
- Taller women would look good in miniskirts and high waist skirt.
- Women with pear shape body will look good on skirts that has flares and vertical designs, as well as A-line skirts.
- Women with hourglass shape body would look good in A-line and pencil cut skirts.
- Women with apple shape body will look good on skirts with asymmetric design, as well as chiffon and silk skirts.
It is also important to choose the right color, fabric and texture that will give your body a silhouette.